Have a crush on someone? Like someone whom you thought liked you back when in fact he couldn't care less? Or it could be he doesn't know your existence at all? Whatever it is, many people suffer from such situations, leaving them sad, hurt, and depressed. The truth is, the world isn't going to end just because he doesn't feel the same way you do; in fact, it's time to discover your own inner strength and resilience.
1 Be strong and think: So what if he doesn't like me? He is not the only guy in the world. Remember this, he is not one in a million, but rather just one out of a million. Yes, he is not that significant if you put this matter in that perspective.
2 Ask yourself a few questions that can strengthen your resolve to forget him:
- Why should I waste my time on someone who doesn't care and isn't willing to spend his time on me?
- Why should I waste my emotions on someone who doesn't reciprocate?
- Why should I waste my tears on someone who will never know, never care, and wouldn't care?
- Why should I subject my heart to such pain over someone who doesn't give two hoots about me?
- Why should I put myself through the arduous torture of missing him, thinking about him, caring about him, and loving him when I gain nothing in return?
- Why should I get depressed over a man who isn't "the one" and who can ruin my chances of meeting my soul mate?
3 If you have resolved to forget about him and move on, stick with it. Do not hesitate. Do not invent different excuses for you not to move on.
4 If you are in the situation where you think he might have liked you, and then you realized he wasn't interested, know that it's OK. It happens to everyone. Just move on and please don't dwell on any past 'experiences' that made you think that he liked you. Do not give yourself the opportunity to think that you might still have a chance. If there really was something between the two of you, don't you think something would have already happened? Why wait till the time when you finally realized that it isn't mutual?
5 Do something that can take your mind off him and this one-sided relationship, even if it's just for a little while. Do not lie in bed, cuddling underneath your blankets and listen to depressing songs. Nope, that isn't going to help-- it will only make you feel worse because all you're going to think about is him, him, and still him! Go for a jog, walk your dogs, clean your room, cook something, bake, do anything!
6 Think of his negative side. Think of that side of him that isn't favourable. Yes, you might say that you love him so much that you love his negative sides, too. Girl, that isn't going to help. What you are trying to do now is to forget about him and to diminish all those romantic feelings you have for him. (Soon to be- had, remember?
7 Ask yourself: Why do I want to go out with a guy who makes me cry more than smile? Find a guy who will make you smile, dry your tears, and who is always willing to spend his time. A guy who will shower you with love, concern, and affections, not this guy who has indirectly made you give him all and doesn't appreciate it. He is so not worth it.
- Think about the fact that you will find that one special guy later on in life. Sometimes, women/girls think that because their temporary crush doesn't want them, they will be forever alone. Move on!
- Be gracious and don't take rejection personally. Know that it wasn't meant to be for a good reason, but that you learnt and grew from the experience; it will help you learn what is right for you.
- Keep yourself busy, for example in a hobby or simple task.
- Spend more time with your friends or family. The more you spend with them the easier it is to fill all the sadness in your heart and replace it with happiness.
- Make more friends! Don't talk too much to him if possible!
- Don't block him on Facebook or Twitter. He will be able to see how happy you are and that you are strong enough to get through the pain he caused you.
- If you start to pretend that you don't care and that it doesn't bother you, eventually you really won't care and it really won't bother you. Live your life, invest in yourself.
- Think about what you deserve and never settle for less than what you deserve.
- Everyone has faults, so find his and dwell on them. It will make you realize that he's not as good as you thought he was.
- Every time you see him focus on something you don't like about him.